Honey Glazed Pea Pods and Carrots
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1/2 pound snow peas, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add carrots and cook until tender crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Add pea pods and cook until tender crisp; drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in the same pan and stir in cornstarch. Return carrots and peas to pan and stir in honey. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu
- cooking spray
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 3 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon oyster flavored sauce
- 1 cup water
- Slice tofu block into 3 long slabs lengthwise. Wrap each slab in paper towels, and press to squeeze out excess water.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray, and then add 2 teaspoons sesame oil. Once the oil is hot, add the tofu slabs to the skillet. Fry for about 5 minutes on each side, or until delicately browned.
- Remove tofu from skillet, and slice into cubes. Add the remaining teaspoon sesame oil to the skillet, and stir fry the water chestnuts, mushrooms and snow peas. Mix together water and oyster sauce, and add to the skillet along with the tofu. Cover, and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes.
Stir Fried Snow Peas and Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound snow peas
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the sesame seeds about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Heat oil in the skillet over medium high heat. Stir in snow peas and mushrooms, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until tender.
- Transfer snow peas and mushrooms to a medium bowl. Toss with sesame seeds and teriyaki sauce, and serve warm.