Easy Arugula Salad
- 4 cups young arugula leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large avocado – peeled, pitted and sliced
- In a large plastic bowl with a lid, combine arugula, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, oil, vinegar, and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover, and shake to mix.
- Divide salad onto plates, and top with slices of avocado.
Wilted Arugular and Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 portobello mushroom cap, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups arugula leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in red pepper flakes and chopped mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are coated with oil and begin to soften.
- Pour in sherry and chicken broth. Simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Add arugula and cook until wilted, about one minute. Season with black pepper. Serve immediately.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/4 cup packed arugula
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place garbanzo beans, arugula, tahini, lemon juice, and garlic in a food processor; pulse until garbanzo beans are chopped. Slowly drizzle olive oil into garbanzo bean mixture while blending until mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper.